4/12/2009

DESIGNS DELIVERED PROJECT- Guest Room/Office

This client contacted me and needed help transforming her guest bedroom into a space for guests and for her office. She wanted to use Ikea as her source for her office furniture. This really set the style for the space. Because Ikea's furniture is so simple and clean lines I went with a more contemporary feel. I chose to put her bed on the far wall because it is the longest wall and we want it to be the focal point of the room. Included with the floor plan is information letting her know where the items can be purchased, item description, quantity, size, finish, and price. 

I LIKE TO REMIND ALL OF MY CLIENTS THAT THESE ARE SUGGESTIONS AND WHAT YOU RECEIVE SHOULD BE USED FOR GUIDANCE AND INSPIRATION TO CREATE YOUR DESIGN VISION!

Pictured here are her choices for her office furniture. She mentioned that she wanted most of her furniture to be finished in white. I have suggested that she combine the white finish with a darker wood tone to richen the space which is repeated on her bed wall.

Next, I have suggested the furniture pieces for her bed wall. She wanted a queen bed with storage on either side. So flanking the bed I suggested white bookcases which will have glass doors trimmed in a darker brown wood tone. Her headboard is also in the brown tones and provides more storage.



No comments:

Post a Comment